Quebec Immigration Program
A Quebec-selected skilled worker must be able to prove that they have the skills, education and work experience with an addition of the understanding of French which is needed to make an immediate economic contribution to Quebec and thereby establish themselves successfully as permanent residents in Canada. If you are interested in coming to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must be ready to apply to the Quebec government for a certificate of selection (Certificat de selection du Quebec).
Criteria for Being Eligible for the Quebec Immigration Program
- You must be in possession of at least one diploma that corresponds in the Quebec educational System to a Secondary School Diploma of Vocation or a Diploma of Vocational Studies
- You must have acquired training and occupational skills that would assist in your insertion into the job market.
- You must be able to understand French. If you having an problem with the ability to determine your level of French, we strongly recommend that you check it out with a recognized organization. A good knowledge of English is an additional advantage that should not be overlooked.
Eligibility for the Immigration Program for skilled workers:
The following employability factors will also be taken into account:
- Schooling and area of training
- Work experience
- Knowledge of French and English
- Your stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident
- Characteristics regarding your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse
- Capacity for financial self-sufficiency.
There are few other factors that will be taken into account when your application is assessed. They are;
- The possession of a valid employment offer (This job offer must meet certain conditions from a Quebec employer).
- The number of children under the age of 22 who will be accompanying you to Québec
- Your adaptability (preparation of your immigration project) which will be assessed based on the steps that you have undertaken to facilitate your socioeconomic integration and your personal qualities with regard to your work activities.
After you have been selected by Quebec, you will have to pass a medical examination and security and criminal checks by Federal Government. You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.