Canada Start up Visa
Canada's Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- are innovative
- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.
There are many reasons why to build your business in Canada:
- a strong economy
- low taxes
- low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- a high quality of life
- Prove your business is supported by a designated organization
- Show that your business meets the ownership requirements: Up to five people can apply for the start up Visa program as owners or individual business. Each applicant must hold at least 10% of the voting rights in the business, and the designated organization and the applicants must jointly hold more than 50%of the voting rights in the business.
- Meet the Language requirements: Applicant must meet the minimum level of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)5 in either English or French in all of four areas(Speaking, Reading, listening, speaking). If applicant does not meet the minimum language skills , his/her application will refuse.
- Bring enough money to settle:Find out how much it costs to live where you are planning to settle in Canada.